Patience paid off and I eventually got some good views of a few birds and butterflies but I fluffed most of my shots as I kept getting the camera settings wrong for the conditions. I haven't used the Nikon for a while and I clearly need to get used to all the controls again.
I was still hopeful that I had got a few good shots but when I got home and viewed them on computer I realised that I had made a bigger hash of things than I had thought. The following are the best of a really bad bunch and I could kick myself for not getting much better results.
|Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)|
|Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea)|
|Small Tortoiseshell (Aglais urticae)|
|Long-tailed Tit (Aegithalos caudatus)|
|Robin (Erithacus rubecula)|
|female Grey Wgtail (Motacilla cinerea)|
|Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)|